Hanging with my humans in Oklahoma, Arizona and Washington.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bird Watching - Hummingbirds


I like to watch birds out the window of our home. I wish you could see them with me.

This is an Anna's Hummingbird. Boy birds are pretty and this kind is very small.

He is drinking sugar water. He likes to drink from flowers, too.






He can drink from the feeder while he is flying in the air.






Hummingbirds can fly fast, zip high in the air, then dive down.
This is a Costa's hummingbird. He is even smaller than an Anna's.



Would you like to hold a hummingbird?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I love birds and I like tigers. Tigers are real cool and scarey. And lions are more scarier than tigers.
Jake, I am going to be 5 on my next birthday. How old are you, Jake?
Bye Jake!
Love, Brendan Wagner

Anonymous said...

Dear Jake,
I want to hold a hummingbird right now. I like those pictures of hummingbirds. That's all I know.
Love, Wyatt Wagner

Jake said...

Brendan,
I like tigers, also. Lions roar loudly, don't they? I am 9 months old. Thank you for writing and being my penpal.
Jake

Jake said...

Dear Wyatt,
What is your favorite kind of bird? I have other birds to show you; some of them are pretty.
Thank you for being my friend and penpal.
Jake

My Humans

My Humans