Hanging with my humans in Oklahoma, Arizona and Washington.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bird Watching - Northern Flicker

One day no humming birds were at their feeder.

Soon a Northern Flicker landed on the feeder. He is much bigger than a hummingbird. See how he makes it tip?


He started to drink the sugar-water through his long beak. See how he has to grab the feeder with his feet?






Later that afternoon, we saw him sitting on this catus. I wonder if his feet hurt from the stickers on the catus. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I need to tell you something. Birds feet do not get hurt from landing on cactus. Hey, guess what? I have some friends. That's all I want to say.
Love, Brendan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
You sound real cute. Hi. How are you? I'm Brendan. What would you like to see today?
Bye Jake!

(Brendan really like leaving you messages!) :)

Jake said...

Brandan, Thank you for letting me know that birds' feet do not get hurt from landing on cactus. Tell me the names of your friends.

Jake

My Humans

My Humans